Welcome to our blog!! Now get comfy & stay awhile....We are no longer private... so if we aren't on your blog feed then get to gettin' and add us back on there!! jdandmicahfolsom.blogspot.com:) While you're at it, might as well put my photog blog on there too, right?! micahfolsomphotography.com/blog. You're the best!


2010 in a nutshell......sort of

Since 2010 was such a crazy year for us, I figured I better do a monthly recap for our sake or we might never remember what a whirlwind it really was! So this might be a little boring for all of you.... but much needed for our family to be able to look back on:) Here goes!

-JD finished up the Dolphins season playing in the final home game against the Steelers.

-Visited Utah and Montana for 3 weeks before heading back to Miami by Feb. 1st.
-JD built his first saddle.
-JD's off-season workouts started the day after we got back.
-Aunt Mary came out to visit us in Miami and we had fun seeing new places with her. 

-At the end of February we took a weekend trip to Stillwater, OK to visit the vet school at Oklahoma State and loved it!
-We Celebrated Jonnie's 1st Birthday with all of our friends.
-Mom Folsom & Cosy came out to visit for Cosy's Birthday.
-Mom Lines came out to visit us as well. (We LOVED having family in town!)
-Off-season workouts ended.
-Lots of days spent playing at the beach and pool.
-OTA's started the middle of May and lasted a month.

-Headed to Utah and Montana to visit once OTA's were over. JD was out there for 5 weeks and Jonnie and I for 7 weeks.
-Back and forth between Utah and Montana.
-Folsom family reunion in Heber at the end of July.
-Dolphins training camp started July 31st so JD headed back a couple days before that and Jonnie and I headed to Centerville with my family once the Folsom family reunion was over.
-Found out I was pregnant with #2 while JD was in camp.
-Surprised him with the news when we headed out there the middle of August with Cosy.
-Had fun cheering JD on in the pre-season games... which were a little HECTIC with Jonnie girl this year. We spent lots of time in the family lounge.
-JD turned 26 on the 19th.

September: (FYI- It all gets crazy from here on out)
-Pre-season ended on the 4th and JD was released by the Dolphins.
-Mom Folsom flew out the next day to help us pack and drive back west where JD could work while we waited to see if another team was going to sign him.
-That same day (the 5th), the Chicago Bears called and signed JD to the practice squad so they flew him out an hour after Mom Folsom arrived in Miami.
-Mom and I (with the awesome help of our Florida friends) packed up our apartment that night and then next day and took headed to Chicago on the 7th. She drove the Altima while Jonnie and I drove the truck.
-Oh yeah... I spent my 22nd birthday packing up our stuff on the 6th!
-Once we got to Chicago two days later, we flew Dad Folsom out to drive with Mom in the truck back to Montana with the bulk of our stuff.  We kept the Altima and all the necessities with us in Chicago.
-Spent a day downtown Chicago and went to the Lincoln Park Zoo and Cubs stadium.
-We were in Chicago for 2 weeks before JD was released so that same day we drove 26 hours straight back to Montana.
-We were in Montana for a week before JD was signed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

-I headed to Utah after dropping him off at the Idaho Falls airport and spent a week with my family before heading out to Tampa with Jonnie.
-We were there for a week, then JD was released after someone got hurt.
-We made a short trip to Orlando to visit Disney world before flying out.
-We headed back west and spent a week in Utah then Montana.

-We found out we were having a little BOY.
-JD was signed by the Arizona Cardinals a week after we got back up to Montana.
-I dropped him off at the Idaho Falls airport once again and drove back to Centerville that day.
-JD was there for a few days before we flew him back to Utah on Halloween for trick-or-treating and to drive back to AZ with Jonnie and me the next day.
-We had a blast staying in G-Ma Lines' 'garage lodge' for the first week we were there.
-Had fun seeing all our extended family at my Dad's Birthday Bash and Grandma's house.
-Went and stayed at Aunt Mary's for the next week that we were there before JD was released.
-Drove back to Utah and a day later JD had to fly out to Denver for a workout with the Broncos. 
-He came back the next day and we headed back up to Montana.
-There for a few days before we were heading back to Idaho Falls airport so JD could head to Washington D.C. for a workout with the Redskins.
-He came back the night of 'THE blizzard of all blizzards' and we were so excited to spend Thanksgiving in UT together with my family where we ate WAY too much of my mom's yummy food!

-We headed back up to Montana a couple days after Thanksgiving before JD was signed back by Miami so we did the dreaded Idaho Falls route to Utah once again.

-JD was back with the Dolphins for a week while one of their linebackers was banged up. He got back to UT on the 7th so we were able to celebrate our 3 year anniversary on the 8th at Rodizio Grill and I was so excited he was back home with me on our special day:)
-A couple days later we headed back up to Montana to cut down our Christmas tree. The next day he was signed back by the Tampa Bay Buccs but this time Jonnie and I stayed up in Montana for a week to finish up some things we needed to do before Christmas.
-On the 22nd, we flew out to Tampa so we could be together for the holidays.... (even if it was just in a hotel).
-Jonnie opened up 2 presents from Santa before we spent Christmas day on the white sands of the Clearwater beach. Then we had our REAL Christmas when we got back to Montana the second week of January:)
-Spent the next 2 weeks in Tampa until the season finished up.

WHEW! If anyone gets through this entire post and it makes any sense to them at all then CONGRATS! You might be the one and only:) It had to be done though.... this is our family journal after all! Can you see now how it might be easy to forget how REALLY crazy it all was?! We had lots of fun adventures though and even though we are glad this season is over, we are so glad we have the memories we do. All I know is I've never been SO EXCITED for 4 years of stability at vet school! Here's to an exciting (and hopefully less chaotic) 2011!


Katie said...

I'm impressed because just reading that was stressful. I hope 2011 is less chaotic for sure!

Suzie Bishop said...

wow that sounds crazy for 1 person to do ... and you managed to do it with a family! You guys are amazing. I am excited to hear about the adventures at Vet school!

Shantay And David said...

Oh my goodness! That was a crazy year. I'm so happy that you guys are able to have those experiences. That will be so fun to look back on. That is so exciting that JD is going to start vet school.

Justin and Toshi said...

CRAZY! Glad that you will be joining the life of students...can't wait to hear about those adventures! Congrats on Baby Boy Folsom!

Rich'n'Rach said...

i'm so so glad you did the recap - i've been a major blog slacker & had no idea what you'd been up to! congrats on #2, we're so happy for you guys! and good luck w/ vet school! it looks like you guys are having some fun adventures :)